Our Tutoring Programs
We have pre-designed Math, Reading, Writing, and ACT/SAT tutoring programs based on the research results of the leading academic researchers in the USA. The first step in any tutoring program is a diagnostic test. Our diagnostic will give your child a comprehensive diagnostic to determine their reading & math levels. Afterward we will design a custom program for your child that addresses their specific needs.
Our programs current include:
- Reading: Designed to raise a child’s reading fluency to beyond grade level
- Writing: Designed to improve your child’s composition skills to their current grade level and beyond
- Basic & Advanced Math: Designed to teach your child foundational math & geometry concepts and then give them the ability to go to advance levels such as advanced algebra, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus.
- ACT/SAT Prep: Our 1 on 1 ACT tutoring program. This program identifies where the student is weak in their ACT/SAT knowledge and gives them 1 on 1 attention to fully prepare them to do well. This program is 1 on 1 and is priced below many 3:1 and group tutoring programs offered by centers like Sylvan and Huntington.
1 on 1 & 3 to 1 sessions: When tutoring, we offer both 1 on 1 sessions and sessions with a 3:1 student to teacher ratio.
Pay per session, Monthly, & Pre-Payment Options: When you start with us, you have the option of paying for each session individually, paying monthly, and paying for 48 session packs. Rates for each are below.
|Student/Tutor Ratio||Pay per session||Monthly Payment||48 Session Pre-Payment ($1632)|
|Diagnostic Assessments: $100 (Special: Reduced to $65 with mention of this website)|
|3:1 Ratio||$33 Per Session||$27 Per Session||$25.50 Per Session|
|1 on 1||$47 Per Session||$42 Per Session||$34 Per Session|
Compare us with Sylvan & Huntington
|Student/Tutor Ratio||A Plus||Sylvan, & Huntington|
|3:1 Ratio||$27 Per Session||$42+ Per Session|
|1 on 1||$42 Per Session||$65+ Per Session|
Sylvan and Huntington are a well known names, but what is little known is that most centers are franchises where the owner may not be an educator and is often not even involved in day-day operations. They also require pre-payment, and push parents to pay upfront sums of up to $8000+ dollars. Conversely, Aplus is owned by by Forest Park resident Denise Mastro who personally ensures that every student is progressing how they need to. We also offer much more flexible payment plans.
Features of Our Tutoring Programs
Each one of our programs has the following features.
- A Learning Center Director and instructors who are certified teachers, trained in our proprietary instructional system.
- Customized curriculum that tracks individual student progress each session.
- Comprehensive 35 and 55 hour progress reports as your child’s progress is measured on tracked on a consistent basis.
- Instructional materials from leading national publishers, which are constantly reevaluated and correlated to the individual student’s needs.
- A history of creating success stories with at-risk youths and under-achieving students